5.05.2014

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Hola mi amigos!

I know, I know. I'm serving in New England, where there isn't really a booming Hispanic population. But hey, the fifth of May is world-wide, so I'm celebrating (and using my extremely limited Spanish vocabulary) while I can!
This week wasn't overly exciting. We went to see that potential from Subway, and she wasn't home for the appointment... bummer. Hopefully we'll be able to see her sometime this week.
We had dinner with one of our other investigators, Peggy, on Saturday. Our ward mission leader and his wife, Brother and Sister Smith came. They're really good friends with Peggy so we all went over. She had heard about the Easter message we were sharing, so although it was a bit late, we shared it anyway. And it was magnifico. The Spirit was so strong! It's never too late to share a message about Christ and His resurrection and how that impacts our lives every day! We were able to talk about all the different blessings we receive in our lives, through the Atonement of Christ - of which the resurrection was just the finale.
The Gospel is good stuff you guys. Muy bien!
Speaking of things that are muy bien - this week for district meeting, we had a green smoothie party. Sister Jackman's parents own a couple different smoothie stores, so she's pretty professional. She actually spoils me and makes me a smoothie every morning - full of all kinds of good stuff like kale and beets and celery. The Elders were talking about smoothies one day, so we decided to treat them and we made them all smoothies for lunch.



Other than that, I don't really have a whole lot to report. Abby, our recent convert, just finished the Book of Mormon! And got called as a Gospel Principles teacher! And got her temple recommend to go to the temple with the ward this Saturday! 
She's on fire. I love her and am so excited for her!

Well amigos, that's all for this week. It's been a little slow, but overall, muy excelente.

I love you all! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Amor,

Sister Lindsey Berg

P.S. It's been almost 5 years since I've taken a Spanish class. So no judgment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment