5.19.2014

Cookie Monster

Dear Everyone:

I was right! Something changed! Sister Jackman is getting transferred, and I will be staying here in Saco!
I'm actually really stoked about staying. Part of me wanted to leave, go somewhere new, but I'm glad I'm staying at the same time.
You guys. I only have TWO transfers left. Crazy. So I really hope I stay here the rest of my mission. I feel like there's still so much more I can do here! So I'm super excited.
We did something really cool yesterday. There's a family in the ward here, the Tippetts. They're awesome. Every so often they'll make cookies for us missionaries to take to our investigators and people who we've been trying to contact. This time they decided to take cookies to ward members who are less-active, or who just need some extra love. There were a few other ward members who came with us, and we ended up delivering probably about 30 plates of cookies total. It was so great.
Sister Jackman and I went on splits with the Tippetts to deliver, so Sister Tippetts and I went to some people while Sister Jackman went with their daughter, Madi. Out of the 5 people we stopped by, 4 were home, and we had really good conversations with 3 of them - 2 of whom were less actives I had never met before. It was so great, and I'm excited to go see them again!
See the miracles that occur when members - aka, normal people - get involved?
Speaking of normal people, have you guys seen the I'm a Mormon videos? They're super cool videos, with all kinds of different people talking about how they came to gain a testimony of Christ and how it impacts and helps them in their life. They're really cool actually. I really like this onethis one, and this one.
So go watch them! They're only like 3 minutes long. You can do it!
Well, I love you all. I hope you've been reading your Book of Mormon everyday like I told you to. If you don't have one, go to mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon. Then you'll get a couple nice looking young kids like me who will happily deliver one to you. It really does bring happiness, I promise! I see it - and I feel it - everyday!
 
Love you!
 
Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment