1.20.2014

Hace Frio Trio!

Dear Everyone:

I'm back in Maine! And right on the coast! Saco, Maine, to be exact. I love it already!
And even more exciting news - I'm in a trio! So I've got two new companions - Sister Dixon and Sister Jackman. They both have been out for about 7 1/2 months, and Sister Dixon has been here in Saco for a transfer. It's been a lot of fun so far.
I'm excited to be back in Maine - I wasn't here long enough last time. And this area is on fire! We have a few solid investigators and one of our investigators, Eliza, is getting baptized February 1st! 
I love reaping the rewards of other missionaries' labors.
The ward here is probably the smallest I've served in so far, but they're so missionary motivated. I spoke in church yesterday and met a lot of new people. It's very weird, going from a ward where I knew everyone so well to a ward where I don't know anyone. I kind of forgot what it's like to be new in an area. I'm excited to go though, and we've been doing our best to hit the ground running. Saco is a lot more populated than Montpelier was, so there's a lot of work to be done.
Honestly, this last week has all kind of been a blur.
Yesterday was wonderful though. There's a family in the ward here who whenever there's a new missionary in the ward they make cookies and then drive the missionaries around to all their investigators so they can meet people. It snowed pretty hard all day Saturday and Sunday, so they weren't able to drive us around, but they made us cookies to take to people, and we were able to go and meet with 6 different investigators and potentials. It was awesome! I'm loving it.
Earlier this week we had what people here call the 'January Thaw'. We had about 4 days of 40-50 degree weather, and it was beautiful! We went running in the mornings, took pictures on the beach, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Then, Saturday morning it started snowing and we had 6 or 7 inches by the end of the day.
Thaw over.
But, like I said earlier, we've been staying really busy. And it's lovely. There's nothing like getting home exhausted at the end of everyday. Definitely helps you sleep better at night.

Well, that's the update for this week. Stay warm everyone!

Love you all!

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment