3.31.2014

Missionaries love conferences.

Dear Everyone:

'Conference' is a favorite word in a missionary's vocabulary. Zone Conference, General Conference - they're some of the best days ever! And guess what! General Conference is this weekend!
Seriously though, General Conference is like spring break for missionaries. It's so amazing. There's nothing better than spending all day listening to modern prophets and apostles! I'm so stoked!
This year's General Conference is off to a great start, with the General Women's Meeting taking place last Saturday.
One of the best moments for me though, was more personal and not really spiritual at all. We were sitting in the chapel watching it here in Saco, and a ward member whispered in my ear asking if I was homesick, as they showed shots of Temple Square and talked all about different wards and stake back in Utah. I said "Not really, I'm liking Maine." Then, not even a minute later, the first song started. And who can you see sitting in the choir right about the chorister's left shoulder? None other than my neighbor Carol Olsen!
That might have made me a little homesick.
But it was so cool!
Anyway, one of the biggest messages I got from the meeting was that it doesn't matter what our backgrounds or our age or our looks or anything. We are all brothers and sisters. And we can all learn something from each other. We just have to be willing to learn!
I also really liked this quote: 



"All of our feelings of inadequacy dissolve when we link arms and DO the Lord's work, SERVE Him in His glory, and LIVE as His disciples."

You guys, I think Nike plagiarized Nephi when they said 'Just Do It'. Just as he said in 1 Nephi 3:7, if we're doing what the Lord wants us to do, He'll help make it happen. Our responsibility is to move forward with faith and just do our best. There was another scripture I found this week that I loved - Doctrine and Covenants 64:33. We don't need to be weary in well doing! It is through the small acts that great things happen. Just because something isn't heralded by angels, doesn't mean it wasn't inspired by God, and just because something didn't go the way we wanted it to go or have the impact we wanted, doesn't mean it didn't do what God wanted it to do!
As humans, we only see a teeny-tiny fragment of the whole picture. Heavenly Father sees it all. So I think I'm gonna trust Him, and let Him call the shots, because he knows a little more than I do.
And that is another reason why General Conference is so great. Because not only is it Prophets and Apostles speaking to us live, but it's our opportunity to gain revelation from Heavenly Father live! Right away!



Isn't General Conference amazing? I love it. Better than Christmas.
So watch General Conference this weekend! Take notes! Trust me, it's worth it!

Transfer calls are this weekend - I'll let you know if anything is changing. Sister Jackman and I have no idea what's going to happen. So it'll be a surprise to all of us.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment