6.10.2013

If looks could kill.

Dear Everyone:
This week was mostly uneventful. Sorry. Although I did do another exchange this week! And I even got to DRIVE!! I stayed in Bedford this time, and Sister Capito, our Sister Training Leader (the girl version of a Zone Leader) came here. She goes home next week, so she has a pretty good idea of what she's doing. It was so great. She is amazing at missionary work and talking to people.
We had a great lesson with Nancy. She's the investigator who Sister Aeschbacher and I had such a terrible lesson with the first time we did exchanges together. It was kind of rough at first, but luckily we figured it out, so now we teach Nancy every week. But anyway. Sister Capito and I were teaching Nancy, and we decided we needed to ask her to pray about the Book of Mormon. Like, specifically about the Book of Mormon. I'm pretty sure she's never prayed about it before. So Sister Capito asked Nancy if she would pray about it right then, with us. Nancy doesn't like to be pushed to do what she doesn't want to do. And she doesn't usually pray with us there. So when Sister Capito first asked Nancy to pray about it, Nancy said she would - in her own way. Which was essentially a no. Sister Capito just said "Alright. So how about that prayer?" Then she folded her arms, bowed her head, and closed her eyes. Which was a good thing. I'm pretty sure that if Sister Capito had looked at Nancy after she asked that, she would be dead now. Nancy was shooting daggers out of her eyes like you wouldn't believe.
But she did it! Nancy actually prayed about the Book of Mormon, there, with us! The Spirit was so strong. It was amazing. We left right after that, and although Nancy was at church yesterday, we didn't have a chance to really talk to her about it at all. But it was great.
Some more exciting news from this week - we're going to the Joseph Smith Memorial this Sunday! There's a nice memorial set up at the birthplace of Joseph Smith in Sharon, Vermont. Which is in our mission. We're driving up on Sunday with Jackie Scott and Sister Pastrana.
I don't know if I've mentioned Jackie before. She is the sweetest lady. She's in her 70's and is a total sweetheart. We've been teaching her for a while. She grew up Catholic, and because of that she hasn't ever been to church. She feels like going to a different church would be betraying the God she grew up with. But she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet. So we're hoping that visiting the memorial will be the last push to help her overcome that guilty feeling. Sister Pastrana, who is coming with us, also grew up Catholic, so they have a lot in common. It'll be great! I'm so excited!
Transfers are next week. We'll find out if we're changing or not on Saturday night. We have 20 new Sisters coming out - we only have like 30 in the mission right now. So I am pretty sure that Sister Aeschbacher and I won't be staying together. But I could be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time. I can't decide if I want to stay in Bedford or not though. I'm finally feeling like I really know the area and the members. And they're great. But at the same time, I kinda want to try somewhere new. But we'll see what the Lord has in mind for me.
But that's life right now. Just doing missionary work like there's no tomorrow. Because tomorrow we're going to be doing missionary work too. Its great.

Love you all! Make good choices!

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment