6.17.2013

Goodbye Bedford, hello...?

Dear Everyone:
Transfer calls were last week. Yup, I'm getting transferred. I'll find out tomorrow morning where I'm going. Luckily, I'm not training - I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. I will be senior companion though, so we'll see how that goes. The best part though, is that means I'll get to drive! I've missed driving so much!
But with my luck, we'll probably be in one of the areas that doesn't have a car.
Unfortunately, we didn't go to the JSM yesterday. Jackie, our investigator wasn't home when we went to pick her up. We couldn't get a hold of her at all. Her car was in the driveway but no lights were on. She didn't answer the door, she didn't answer her house phone, she didn't answer her cell phone. We aren't sure what happened, especially since we talked to her on Friday and she was so excited about it! We don't know what's going on. It was a pretty big disappointment.
But we keep moving on. We spent all afternoon tracting instead. Woo hoo. Missionary life is the best. In the words of Nacho Libre, "It's fan-TAStic!"
Seriously though. It'll be weird to leave Bedford. I finally know my way around! Now I have to go figure out some new place! I'm really excited though. I can't wait to see what my new area will be like.
Cool story for this week - the second exchange Sister Aeschbacher and I went on, before we were companions, we found this woman named Maria, who is from Austria. We saw her once at the beginning of this transfer but then we kind of lost contact with her. We finally got in contact with her again last week. We happened to stop by late Thursday night and as we talked to her she said "I've been reading parts of that book you gave me. It's really good. I would really like to go to church sometime!"
So she followed us to church yesterday and stayed all three hours. She is so awesome.
The church is true!

The picture for this week is fun. It is me with the Earnshaws, the greatest family in Bedford. Brother Earnshaw was the ward mission leader, and he just got called to be Bishop yesterday. Every Saturday we'd go to his house for coordination meeting and they would make us waffles. Maddie and Nicole Earnshaw (by me) are the cutest girls in the world and I love them both with all my heart and soul. I'm gonna miss them lots.

Well that's the letter for this week kids. I'll let you know if I'm still in the Shire or not next week. I feel like Vermont is calling my name. We'll see what happens!
Love you all!

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment