5.06.2013

Did I Stutter?

Dear Everyone:
Fun fact for the day. I don't have driving privileges. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that I totalled my car last summer. Luckily, there aren't as many sneaky mountains out here in New England for me to run into. But, I do have to do this defensive driving course. And there's a DVD that I have to watch for it. And Stanley from The Office is in one of the videos on the DVD. Just thought I'd share that with all of you.
Now for my big news of the week. Transfers! The good news: I'm staying in Bedford 2! The bad news: Sister Buxton is getting transferred. I'll still be junior companion, so no training for me. Sister Buxton is training, opening a new area, and was called as one of the first ever Sister Training Leaders, aka the girl version of a Zone Leader. She's a little stressed, but I know she'll do great.
My job is to help my new companion learn the area. We'll see how it goes, since I feel like I barely know the area. Luckily, we've got lots of maps and everyone's address is written down. For the most part.
Other than that little bit of news, this week was pretty quiet. The exchange with Sister Aeschbacher went much better this time. We didn't get lost at all! Our teaching pool is shrinking a bit. We were really overwhelmed at the beginning of my mission - there were a lot of people whom we'd visit all the time, yet they would never keep commitments or appointments. We've been trying to kind of weed out those people who have no real intent. I feel bad dropping people, but sometimes they do make it a little easier when they flat out tell us that they won't ever get baptized and will most likely never read what we ask them to do. I'm not here to spoon feed the gospel to people or to force it down their throats. I'm here to invite them to learn about and to help them out along the way. I like blunt people. It's the people who continually tell us that they're sorry, they'll do the reading next time, they'll come to church this week, they'll be there next appointment that bug me. Because many of those people rarely follow through.
No worries though! Some people are solid. Kelly is hopefully getting baptized in just over 2 weeks! She's still struggling with a few things, but she's working hard. The Elders in our area had a baptism yesterday and she came to it with us. Kelly is probably one of my most favorite people that I've met out here so far. I love her. She's been investigating the church for almost 3 years now. She wants to get baptized so bad - this is actually her 3rd baptismal date. She just struggles with Word of Wisdom stuff. But I know she'll kick it this time. She is such a sweetheart, I'm so excited for her! 3rd time's the charm, right?
Life is good. Sometimes I feel like I've been out here for so much longer than 6 weeks. Other times it feels like there's no way I've been here for 6 weeks already. Time is weird on a mission.
It's getting hot and sunny out here in New Hampshire and the bugs are growing bigger and bigger. We're walking around a lot and I've already got a weird tanline on my feet. It's great.
I love you all. Send me letters. They're the best thing in the world. Other than you guys of course.
But seriously. Letters. Please.

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment