5.31.2012

Surgery is fun.


So I got surgery today. First time I've ever had one. It wasn't major though, just on my nose. No, not a nose job. Deviated septum. Apparently it was extremely messed up. Who woulda thought that was the reason why I've never been able to breathe through my nose?

Anyway, it's been an interesting day. I've watched 5 episodes of M.A.S.H., 3 episodes of Psych, and 12 episodes of The Office. I've got splints and stitches up my nose, have taken 11 pills, eaten 18 otter pops, and drank like 3 gallons of water. Or something close to that.
My nose is all swollen and I've gone though 16 pieces of gauze, as well as half a box of tissues. Gushing blood from your nose is fun. But just as a special treat for you friends and stalkers who read this, here is a lovely picture of me wearing the 'drainage catcher' I was given. Hands free blood rag.


Hot, right?
Luckily, I have some nice friends and a sister who will come hang out with me when I'm looking this attractive. Have I mentioned that since I can't breathe through my nose at all, when I fall asleep (which the Loratab will do to me), I snore. Which then wakes me up. I'm not sure how Allyson and Ben are still my friends after witnessing this. Oh well.
Saddest realization from today though? When I wake up from anesthesia, I'm not funny. I'm completely coherent. Nothing worth posting on The Youtube at all.
Dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment