7.07.2014

I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike.

Dear Everyone:
 
So I've been transferred to Topsham, Maine. It's about an hour north of Saco.
And my companion is Sister Keigley - the same Sister Keigley who was my companion in the MTC!
Anyone who says God doesn't have a sense of humor hasn't served a mission.
Anyway, in this area we are in a car share with the Elders. Which means that we get the car Monday thru Thursday, and they get the car Friday thru Sunday. So, on the weekends, we get their bikes.
I was told by a loving older sister of mine that I wouldn't be a real missionary until I had ridden a bike on my mission.
I'M FINALLY A REAL MISSIONARY!
Although, if I had a choice, I would have gotten my own bike. Elder's bikes aren't always in the best shape. Mine is a little too big for me, so my feel barely reach the pedals when they're all the way down, and the brakes on Sister Keigley's bike are a little less effective than is normally desired. So it makes for some adventures. Not to mention that it poured all weekend. Which made riding bikes even more fun. Seriously though - it's a blast. Tricky in a skirt though.
Other than that, things are very slow. We only have one investigator - Gena. She's super awesome though, loves church, loves us. No baptismal date, but only because she wants to read all of the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants before she decides. Understandable. She's blazing through them though - I think she read 25 sections of the Doctrine and Covenants last week. Pretty cool!
Work with the ward is kind of non-existent. I don't think it's a lack of desire on their part; it's more of a lack of knowledge as to how they can help us. And Sister Keigley has only been here for 6 weeks, so she doesn't really know the ward at all.
I almost feel like I'm opening a new area. We're basically starting from scratch.
But that gives us a lot to do. So that's exciting.
That's the update for this week. Not much else to report. Life is good. We're just gonna keep on, keeping on.
 
Here's a cool Bible Video everyone should watch. It just makes me happy every time I see it.
 
Love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment