2.18.2014

I'd walk through a blizzard to go to the temple any day.

Dear Everyone:

Super short e-mail this week. Life is good. We've been getting lots and lots of snow.
Like today.
First, the best thing ever happened - we went to the temple today!! I'll send a picture next week. But, then we had a bit of an adventure getting back to Saco. Because of the blizzard currently attacking the east coast (it's still snowing as I type this), the drive that only took us an hour and 20 minutes down took us about 4 and a half hours to get back.
But it was totally worth it. Because the temple is amazing.
Suggested reading for this week? Doctrine and Covenants Section 109. It was the dedicatory prayer for the Kirtland temple and it's amazing to read! And, if anyone doesn't really know much about temples, or you just want a reminder, watch this video all about temples and why they're so cool!
So that's the e-mail for this week. I love the temple. I'm so happy we were able to go today. You just feel so at peace in the temple. Even just pulling into the parking lot - it's like all my cares were gone, just for the couple hours we were there. It was absolutely worth the 4 hour car ride in a blizzard home. I never appreciated the temples when I was at home. Living in Utah, especially while I was at BYU, there were so many temples within an hour drive! And people here consider themselves lucky that the Boston temple is only an hour and a half away! Definitely makes me grateful and excited for all the opportunities I'll have to attend the temple when I get home!
Transfer calls are this weekend. I'll let you all know if the trio survives next week :)

Love you all!

Love,
Sister Lindsey Berg


No comments:

Post a Comment